Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chelsea Fan

Chelsea survive Lincoln scare to secure progress

Chelsea were given a major scare by Lincoln but goals from teenager Tyrique George and Facundo Buonanotte saw the Blues come from behind to reach the Carabao Cup fourth round. Lincoln, third in Sky Bet League One, sensed a giant-killing over the Club World Cup champions when Rob Street gave them a deserved lead just before half-time following a major blunder from Enzo Fernández. But George levelled just after the interval before Buonanotte, on loan from Brighton, grabbed his first goal for a much-changed Chelsea in the 50th minute as the quickfire strikes sealed a 2-1 win. The visitors made eight changes to the side that lost at Manchester United on Saturday but still boasted almost £400million worth of talent in their XI and an enviable bench including Moisés Caicedo and Pedro Neto. Alejandro Garnacho was…

Genesis Antwi signs new Chelsea contract

Chelsea is pleased to announce that Genesis Antwi has signed a new three-year contract with the Blues, which includes a further two-year option. The defender joined our Academy as an Under-12 and has been developed through the age groups at Cobham. Last season, Genesis made 19 appearances for our Under-18s, scoring twice, before moving into the Under-21s where he made 12 appearances. He has remained with the Under-21s this season and scored the opening goal – a stunning passing move that involved all but one Chelsea player – in yesterday’s UEFA Youth League 3-2 victory over Bayern Munich. Fresh off signing a new contract with the Blues, Genesis Antwi was on the scoresheet in our UEFA Youth League win over…

Chelsea need to master squad rotation

Alejandro Garnacho, Cole Palmer, Reece James, Marc Cucurella and Tyrique George made an impact as substitutes – but there are questions about how Maresca uses his squad. Enzo Maresca and the vast majority of Chelsea’s players enter what, for them, is uncharted territory this season – having to balance the demands of the Premier League with the Champions League. It will deliver another layer of pressure to rotate well, rest big players and still get results on all fronts. Of course, Chelsea were not in Europe at all two seasons ago and regularly played a different 11 in Uefa’s third-tier Conference League competition last season. The big games come thick and fast now – a trip to Bayern Munich on…

Kerr could play first Chelsea game in 20 months

Sam Kerr could make her first Chelsea appearance for 20 months in the opening game of the Women’s Super League season on Friday. The Australia striker has not played for the Blues since suffering an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury during a training camp in January 2024. Chelsea manager Sonia Bompastor said Kerr will be in the squad to face Manchester City as the reigning champions get the 2025-26 WSL season under way. “I’m not sure if she will start or not,” Bompastor said. “She is in a good place, mentally in a good position. People want her on the pitch, she has experience but has been away a long time, so we have to be patient with her.…

Chelsea close in on Brighton’s Buonanotte

Chelsea are nearing a season-long loan move for Brighton attacker Facundo Buonanotte. The 20-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Leicester, had been expected to go to Leeds on loan, but Chelsea have made a surprise move. Buonanotte, who has earned two Argentina caps, managed six goals and three assists in 35 appearances last season as the Foxes were relegated to the Championship. Chelsea have several members of staff who know Buonanotte well from their time at Brighton, including co-sporting director Paul Winstanley and director of global recruitment Sam Jewell. Meanwhile, fellow Brighton forward Julio Enciso is nearing a £13.8m move to Chelsea’s partner club Strasbourg, with a view that he will play for the Blues after a year…

Chelsea handed green light for £82m double Man Utd transfer swoop

Chelsea look to have been handed the green light to complete a double raid on Manchester United before the transfer window slams shut. The Blues have been heavily linked with a swoop for Argentinian forward Alejandro Garnacho – the latest reports claiming Enzo Maresca’s side are eyeing a cut-price deal worth £35million. The Daily Mail claims Chelsea are hoping that United will slash their asking price for the wantaway winger in an attempt to offload him from their squad. Any sale would be deemed as pure profit – at least in the eyes of PSR – having splashed the cash on Bryan Mbeumo, Matheus Cunha and Benjamin Sesko. Garnacho is part of a quintet of stars that informed United of their desire to leave this…

Why Chelsea aren’t in €60m race for Bundesliga star – 19 year old talent is just too good

Chelsea have lost Levi Colwill for the season and have Wesley Fofana as one of their other key central defensive options. That is not a great position to be in, and all summer they’ve been linked with other defenders, starting with Dean Huijsen before he made his Real Madrid move and going from there. In the end the Blues haven’t signed anyone at centre back, and it doesn’t look like they’re going to. Right now, one of the targets they’ve been linked to many times is pushing for an exit, and the Blues are nowhere to be seen. So why do we think Chelsea aren’t keen on snapping up a potentially elite defender for a reasonable price? Some online are speculating that…

My contract renewal is ‘done’ – Cucurella

Chelsea defender Marc Cucurella has confirmed that his contract extension is “done”. The 27-year-old started Chelsea’s 5-1 win away at West Ham amid pre-match rumours that he signed on improved terms at Stamford Bridge. There has yet to be any official announcement about Cucurella’s new contract, whith his previous deal set to expire in 2028. However, when asked by Spanish media at the London Stadium, Cucurella said: “Yes, it’s done. We already did it. “I’m very happy, the club gave me the confidence and I’m very happy to be here. Hopefully I will have a great year.” Cucurella delivered seven goals and four assists in all competitions last season as the Blues won the Club World Cup and Conference League…

Simons signs and £50m deal done for Man Utd star – Chelsea’s dream final week

We are nearly into the final week of the summer transfer window, but seven days is a long time when it comes to Chelsea. The Blues are still pursuing a number of players before the deadline expires at 7pm on Monday, September 1, and they are also hoping to push axed stars out the door. Expect there to be plenty of news coming out of Stamford Bridge right up until the final moments of the window.   Simons finally signs For weeks now, Xavi Simons signing for Chelsea has appeared inevitable. The RB Leipzig midfielder has reportedly agreed on personal terms with the Premier League club and has his heart set on a move to Stamford Bridge, turning down a potential transfer to Bayern Munich.…

Chelsea dealt heavy transfer blow by Forest and Brentford as £30m hopes crushed

Chelsea may have been handed a blow in their pursuit of Manchester United’s Alejandro Garnacho, courtesy of those elsewhere in the Premier League. The Blues have splashed the cash on attacking signings already this summer, and further reinforcements are being eyed. Following the arrivals of Liam Delap, Joao Pedro and Jamie Gittens, Enzo Maresca’s side have identified Garnacho as a key target for the remainder of the window – aware that the winger is unhappy at Old Trafford. The Argentine international is said to be keen on a move to Chelsea and is awaiting talks to advance, though there have already been some issues arise in negotiations due to a gap in valuations. Despite Garnacho being part of Ruben Amorim’s five-man ‘bomb squad’, United are not willing to…